Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Chicken Hash....

I can't believe we are already on the second week of June.  I hope the second week brings nicer weather than the first!  We had rain and dreary weather all last week and I am looking forward to some sunshine.

A couple months back, I was looking through a cookbook in Costco and saw a recipe for Chicken Hash.  I took note of the ingredients and then came home to recreate it myself.  It turned out amazing and my girls loved it!


Chicken Hash

2 TBSP coconut oil
2-3 chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 sweet potato grated
1 Granny Smith apple (I used Gala since that 
what I had in the house) chopped and peeled
1/4-1/2 t red pepper flakes
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
baby spinach or arugula (optional)

Cook the cubed chicken in the coconut oil on medium heat.  Once it is browned, add the sweet potato and apple.  Add remaining ingredients and saute for another 10-15 minutes. 

This was a quick and simple recipe on a night when I needed something quick!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Happy Monday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment