Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sunburn

Labor Day weekend is upon us and I know everyone will be at the beach or outside and many of us will come home to sunburns.  Living in Colorado, sunburns are extremely common.  Unfortunately, back in May I had forgotten just how quickly we can burn.  My daughter had been outside playing all day and got burned.  Lucky for me, I have a great alternative that helps ease the pain and heal them quicker, lavender and virgin coconut oil.   Did you know lavender has tissue regeneration healing properties and also helps reduces scarring.  Lavender is also a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory, so it is soothing to the skin and helps minimize pain.  Extra-virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil is extremely moisturizing to the skin as well as gently helps exfoliate the skin which promotes healing.  I used this all summer on my girls and myself to help keep us from peeling, heal quickly, and ease the pain.   



 Sunburn Cream
1/2 cup coconut oil
6-8 drops Lavender essential oil

Mix well and store in an airtight glass jar, I prefer Mason jars. 
You can very easily double or even triple the recipe.  Just make sure you 
store in an extremely airtight container as coconut oil melts 
when it gets warm.


 


  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment