Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Meal Planning Monday

Happy Monday!!  We had an amazing weekend and enjoyed spending it with family and friends.  

It was so hard to decide what meals to try this week.  I used to be really good with sitting down and making a meal plan every week, going to the store, and sticking to my plan.  I have thoroughly enjoyed getting back to meal planning the last two weeks.  It is such a huge stress reliever to not be standing in my kitchen at 5 p.m. trying to figure out what I can I pull out of my hat to make for dinner that night.  


The first meal I tried this week was Maple Crusted Chicken.  For those who don't know, I have a wheat allergy, so I had to make a few modifications to the recipe so I could eat it.  Click HERE for the original recipe.




Gluten Free Maple Crusted Chicken
1 chicken breast per person (I cut mine in half so they were thinner or you could use chicken tenders)
3/4 cup Gluten Free Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Baking Flour)
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1 egg beaten
4 tablespoons maple syrup (plus a little more to drizzle at the end)
Coconut oil
In one shallow dish or bowl, combine flour and pepper.  In a second bowl, beat your one egg. Take each chicken breast and pour one tablespoon of syrup on each one (I didn't use a measurement for this, I just drizzled the maple syrup over the chicken breasts), coating both sides.  Then dip it first in the flour mix, coating well, then dip it in the egg mix coating both sides, then dip it one more time back in the flour mix. 

Here is where I changed the recipe.  Heat coconut oil in a skillet, place chicken in the skillet and brown on each side.  Once browned, put on cookie sheet or dish and bake in the oven.  Bake 8 minutes, flip chicken over finish cooking another 8 minutes. Your chicken should be brown and kind of crispy with the juices running clear.

Serve each chicken breast with a drizzle of syrup.  We used honey instead of maple syrup drizzled over at the end.  

Amazing!!  The only word to describe this was AMAZING!!  You MUST try this recipe!  

The second recipe I tried this week, wasn't truly a new recipe.  I had another recipe on my menu and then realized the night before I was missing two ingredients, so I decided to put a new spin on an old recipe.





Chicken Lime Tacos
1 pound chicken breasts (I only used 3 chicken breasts this time)
1 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
3 drops doTERRA Lime Essential oil* (or 3 Tablespoons lime juice)
Favorite toppings cheese, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, sour cream, etc.

Place all ingredients in your crock pot.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.  When your chicken is done, shred your chicken.  You can use for tacos, make a rice bowl, make a taco salad.  The options are endless.  

We made tacos.  I love this recipe because it is so versatile and I have all the ingredients on hand to quickly make this.  I can make extra and throw it in the freezer for a quick meal one night if need be.  

Today is my meal planning today and I will be back next Monday with a new recipe or two.  

*If you are going to use essential oil, please make sure you are using 100% pure essential oil with no fillers.  I only use doTERRA essential oils.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment