Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Meals

I have really struggled to meal plan consistently since we moved back in March.  I decided last week I am trying at least one new meal every week if not two.  We have become so bored with eating the same thing over and over and I decided it was time for a change.  So this week, I tried not one, but two new recipes.

The first recipe I tried was Mix and Match Mama's Sausage & Corn Chowder.  My family loved this recipe.  I made a few changes.   I used 4 potatoes (they were small) instead of just two and to offset the extra potatoes, I used 4 cups of milk instead of two.  I also did not use a can of cream corn because I did not have it.  Instead, I used frozen corn and it turned out just fine.  If you are looking for a new soup for your winter rotation give this a try.

The second recipe I tried was One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese.  This recipe was so quick and easy to make.  She says it is a 30-minute meal and it absolutely is!  The only change I made is I did not put the cheese on top of the entire pot of soup.  Everyone was able to add their own cheese to their bowl.  I loved how hearty this soup was.  It was definitely filling and I loved how it put a new twist on two classics.   Out of both recipe this was my kids favorite.  Unfortunately, I can't choose.  I loved them both and I will definitely be making them again!


I am currently still working on my meal plan for this week.  I will be back next week to share what new recipes I tried.  Please comment below if you have any recipes you think I should try.  I hope you have a great Monday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment