Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Meals and more

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  We enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home.  After an extremely exhausting week, the girls and I spent Saturday at home on the couch.  It was exactly what I needed and so nice to be able to do absolutely nothing!   Once again, I was not disappointed in my meal choices for the week.  I pinned this recipe on Pinterest.


Clean Eating Chicken Marsala

2 (6-8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced in half and pounded thin  
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I used a gluten free flour blend)
2 tablespoon  olive oil, divided
3 cups sliced, fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup Marsala wine
1 cup organic chicken stock
salt and freshly ground pepper

  1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour and tap off excess.
  2. Heat the oil in a skillet until hot and saute the chicken breasts for about 3 minutes on each side. They will be golden brown.
  3. Put the chicken breasts on a plate and set aside.
  4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and add the sliced mushrooms.
  5. Cook the mushrooms until they are beginning to brown around the edges.
  6. Add the Marsala wine and cook until the wine is reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and cook about 3 minutes more. The sauce will thicken slightly.
  7. Lower the heat to medium and add the chicken breasts back to the pan. Cook a few minutes more until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
  8.  Serve with pasta, quinoa or brown rice.  I served mine with mashed potatoes. 
AMAZING, amazing, amazing!  There are no other words to describe this recipe!  It was a crowd pleaser as well and I'm pretty sure it is a close tie between this and the Maple Crusted Chicken for their favorite so far. 

Friday nights are usually homemade pizza and movie night in our house if we don't have any plans.  It's been a while since we've done this and so Saturday night we had a pizza and movie night.  I make my crust recipe and divide it into fourths and make four small crusts so everyone can make their own pizza.  Everyone enjoys making their own pizza and it adds to the fun.  I have done this for birthday parties.  I will also make extra crust and put in the freezer for a quick and easy meal or our next pizza night.  




Homemade Pizza Crust

2 cup whole wheat or white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1-1/4 teaspoon instant rise yeast
2 teaspoons sodium free Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons honey
3/4 cup warm water
2 teaspoons olive oil

  1. Mix first 5 ingredients. 
  2. Add the wet ingredients and mix well until dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
  3. Knead dough for 5 minutes on a floured surface (I put my dough in my Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook and set my timer for 5 minutes) or until smooth and elasticity.
  4. You can use immediately or let rise and then roll out.  Roll out dough on a floured surface 12-inch crust or four small crusts.
  5. Bake at 425 for 5-6 minutes until dough is partially cooked (you can freeze dough at this point if you aren't using immediately).
  6. Add your favorite toppings and bake until done, additional 10-15 minutes.
I have been using this recipe for my homemade pizza for 7 years and it is the best I have found.  You can make it in a bread machine.  Place all your wet ingredients in first and then add your dry ingredients.  Add your yeast last.  

I make a separate gluten free crust for myself.  Click HERE for my favorite gluten free crust. 

Completely off the subject, but I came across this shirt yesterday and I think I need to put it on my wish list. :)






Have a great Monday!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment