Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What I'm reading...

I love to read.  I made it a goal this year to read at least 2 books every month.  This month I am ahead of the game as I have already finished 3 books and I am working on my 4th.  I thought I would share what I read and maybe you can find something to add to your reading list.

The Best of Me



I want to see the movie, but before I did, I wanted to read the book first.  I know the movie is never as good as the book.  It is a Nicholas Sparks book, so I figured I would like it.  I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the book based on some comments I had read on Facebook about the story line.  However, I was surprised and I really enjoyed it.

Raised By Strangers


I heard the author speak at a women's event at my church.  The book iss her story on how God gave her the strength to overcome abuse, poverty, eating disorders, tragedy, and much more.  She talks about how our past does not define our future and how we can find deliverance and forgiveness in God.  A great read for everyone!

For any of my local friends, I own this book and will willingly lend it out.

Unspoken


I loved this book, in fact, I pretty much love every Dee Henderson book I read.  She writes amazing mysteries/suspense books, most of which have a romance woven in.  If you like a mystery/suspense, I encourage you to read Unspoken.  I found this really neat trailer below while I was browsing last night.




My husband bought me an iPad mini last year for Christmas and I love it.  I downloaded the Kindle app and I read most of my books on my kindle.  It is so much easier because I can rent books from the library without having to worry about returning it on time and late fees.  I highly encourage you to check out your library's online ebook resource. 

I am constantly looking for new books and authors to read, what do you recommend?



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how do you find time to read 4 books in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read at night before bed. I will occasionally read for a little bit in the afternoon if I have time. I also have time while my girls are in music lessons. The one book (Raised by Strangers) was a quick read and not very long.

    ReplyDelete